Pages

Fans

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I want a damn 13.1 sticker for MY car


This has described me fairly well. I did start working out on a more consistent basis last summer and feel that the results have made me more confident and generally a bit more healthy, but now it is time for a new goal. 

I bought a house, found love, proposed a radical change (that has been agreed to) in my job, nearly finished my Master's degree (come on December), led a group of women through their first year in the Junior League (and have started a new group of women this week) and now that I know I can do anything and thrive on busy challenges, its time to make a new goal  even in the midst of life starting to get busy again- I have made a decision. I have decided I want a new challenge. Yeah I want to lose weight and be all super model thin, but really I just want to be a bad ass runner. I just want to be a healthier version of me and by combining these two things I know that I can make myself happy. 


I have been reading healthy living blogs for years and I have seen my fair share of these types of training schedules and I realize I am going to need that, but I don't know where to start. I commit to beginning the initialization of this project.  Does anyone have any good suggestions about a training plan besides the C25K?
 

The Goal= Running a half Marathon by June 2012

Running Shoes
It seems almost funny that years ago I was a die hard devotee to Nike's, but as I learning to make changes. My boyfriend is an avid runner and took me to a running store, instead of my normal Finish Line for whatever was simply the prettiest.

So since that trip I have learned that the Brooks Launch was the shoe for me. For one I still had the flash of a coo, trendy looking shoe; but I also got the lightweight perfectly designed for the way I run shoe. I feel like I am running on pillows, my toes don't get that numb feeling after 30 minutes and I don't fee like I am running with cement on my feet. They are wonderful.
How did you determine what running shoe was best for you? 

Running Clothes
I do still gravitate towards Nike products here. The Tempos are the only running shorts I have ever found that don't have me pulling at them the entire time I run. I do also like Lululemon and Lucy products because they suck ya in and keep you moving while you look super cute instead of in that ratty old T-shirt from 10 years ago.

What is your favorite brand of running/workout attire?

Feels good to be back- I need to write, I need to commit to myself and make these changes I have been talking about for years. What is holding me back? Now- NOTHING

1 comment:

Eva said...

I like running because it is good for the whole body. To get prepared for running on a long distances I usually take Navy Seal formula, which quickly brings me up. It is manufactured by MGNutritionals and was developed specially for the Army, but it is good for everyone who needs more energy for active lifestyle.